Friday, January 6, 2006

exhausted

Today I am simply exhausted. I couldn't handle all-nighters when I was in college in my twenties; in my forties they are a near death experience.  Or at least they feel that way.

Luckily, today is my day off, and I am mostly resting. When I work up the gumption I will pack away the rest of the Christmas decorations and take down the tree, along with some of the usual laundry and dish washing, etc. Maybe I can find a half hour and finish reading the silly mystery book I am nearly done reading, Crime Brulee.

And I can enjoy time with my sons when they get home from wrestling practice. I will cook them up a great big dinner, and maybe watch a movie with them.

In the meantime the kitties are demanding canned food (though they have a dish filled with dry food, it is not good enough for them) and lots of brushings, so I must go very soon.  People think cats are the pets and servants (rodent control) of humans, but any cat owner will tell you that cats actually domesticated us to be their slaves!

Tomorrow there is a huge tournament down in Frenchtown Township, called the Monroe County Sheriff's Invitational. It is, for all practical purposes, the Monroe County championships. They give out very cool star shaped medals, like the badges of deputy sheriffs you see in old western movies. It's a very big deal tournament, and we will be there all day. And there will be a very special surprise for the team afterwards, but I cannot even mention it here, as I have been sworn to complete secrecy. So we will probably not get home until the middle of the night at the earliest.

No comments: