Friday, January 6, 2006

being at home is so good

Well, after huge amounts of chocolate, I did finally get moving this afternoon. I got all of the holiday stuff packed away; three loads of laundry done; general cleaning; and everyone is nice and full from dinner.

I even found out what was making the whole downstairs smell so bad! I changed the cat box and emptied out all of the garbage cans but the weird and unpleasant smell lingered (sort of like this nasty cold - no matter what you do, it keeps soldiering on). I finally tracked it down! One of the kids must have cleaned out his gym locker, as there was a bag stuffed with rancid athletic socks in the laundry area.

I am going to take a break soon and finish the last few chapters of that book, and then listen to some music.

It wasn't the greatest way to spend a day - lots and lots of housework when you are both sick and exhausted - but it is still better than being at work!

 

No comments: