Wednesday, January 11, 2006

possible sudden campus visit

While I was compiling the family schedule for the rest of the month last night I suddenly realized that not only do I have a four day weekend coming up (though I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday, which will sort of ruin that day) but the kids also have a three day weekend. It occurred to me that it might be a good chance to sneak out of town for a couple of days so Bill can make another campus visit. Now, there is wrestling (of course ) for both kids on Saturday, but Sunday and Monday are free and clear (well, other than wrestling practice, but if the coach has a problem with the kids visiting a college campus, he can, quite frankly, bite me).

Bill would like to visit the college of architecture at Ball State. I checked their web site and their admissions office will be closed on Monday because of the holiday. I suspect that all of the offices will be closed, but I will call the Architecture School tomorrow and make sure of that.

So that leaves Northwestern University, just north of Chicago. It's further away, and Chicago might be messy traffic wise on Sunday because the Bears will have a football game. But I checked their web site and they will be open for business on Monday. Unfortunately, the tour of the college of engineering is late in the afternoon, which is a true pain in the butt. If we go, we would not be able to get home until the middle of the night, and the kids will have school early the next morning.

I'm not sure if we will be going anywhere this weekend, but I have a sinking feeling that if we do go someplace, it will be to Evanston...

No comments: