Wednesday, January 25, 2006

midweek

It's been a bit of a rough week so far. On Monday I either got a new cold, or the old cold (which I got just before Christmas and thought I was nearly rid of last week) started hitting me very hard again. My head in awash in a sea of mucus. Bill got the nasty vomiting thing on Monday and was miserable. The healthy diet with lots of vegetables did not agree with Dan, and he was unhappy enough about it that he has gone back to eating junk food. At least Steven is doing very well - the school district trainer is amazed at how quickly his knee has been bouncing back, and credits the long walk we took in Chicago (which I thought was a disaster at the time) for loosening things up and making for a quicker rehab for him. And yesterday the weather was funky and I got to drive home on icy roads, which really stressed me out.

Hopefully the weekend in Kalamazoo will go well. Bill will be competing for a Medallion Scholarship :

http://www.wmich.edu/finaid/Publication/scholarships/Freshmen.html

But, just as importantly, it will be nice just to spend some time with him. Because of my weird work schedule, and the schedule of the kids' school and athletics, we see very little of each other during the school year. I miss the children so much, I often forget that they miss me just as fiercely. It meant the world to Steven to have that afternoon exploring Chicago together: I think Bill will equally enjoy the time exploring Kalamazoo.

Well, it's off to the grocery store now. We are out of canned cat food, and the poor spoiled kitties cannot make do with just dry cat food! Also, we are having a group dinner at work tonight and I am assigned to bring a salad or two, which I must go pick up. And then off to work...

No comments: