Monday, January 30, 2006

more on the Kalamzoo visit, etc.

I was very tired last night while I was typing, so will finish up the story and add some details now...

I have not been the only one who has been sick with the fever/cold/sore throat thing. Steven has also been sick, and missed school on Friday. He went back to school today, and I haven't gotten any phone calls from school yet, so hopefully he is doing OK. I hated leaving him him on Friday, and it made me feel horrible. I was trapped between the needs of my two children, and the needs pulled me in two directions. But Dan reassured me that he was working nearby, and he would drop by the house frequently to check on the little man, so I did go with Bill. It turned out that Dan indeed did stop by several times, and kept a pretty close eye on him, so it was all right.

The weekend now seems to be a blur of sleepiness, but Bill did seem pleased by the campus and its facilities. They have a state of the art fitness center for the students, which made Bill really smile. The engineering school was state of the art. They are building a new chemistry building. And the food was good and fresh. One of the cafeterias has a sub sandwich shop, where they bake their own bread and make you a sandwich to order. Another lets you pick out the ingredients you want and then stir fries it up for you, like a Mongolian barbecue restaurant. So the food made Bill happy. A lot of the big classroom buildings also have little coffee and tea shops were they have snacks like bagels, along with hot beverages and smoothies. The campus itself is very hilly, so you would get a pretty decent workout just walking around between the dormitory and the class room buildings all day.

I got a good night's sleep last night and am actually feeling a bit better today. I will try to go in to work tonight, and hopefully my coworkers will not chase me (and my germs) away this time.

 

No comments: