Thursday, January 12, 2006

getting a lot done on-line

Well, looks like we will be leaving on Sunday after all, and spending one night in Evanston. I was able to make the change in the reservation. So that is now pretty set. The weather even sounds like it will be cooperating, as it will not be snowing heavily or anything of the like this coming weekend. Hopefully it will be warm enough to enjoy walking around campus. Northwestern is renowned for being beautiful, and it might be very pleasant.

I also made reservations for the Kalamazoo/Western Michigan University visit later this month. On Friday, Western will have formal tours of the campus and meetings from the late morning through the early afternoon. Bill and I have a hotel only three miles from campus, and I managed to snag a double room in the pool atrium. So he will be able to swim and have fun Friday evening. On Saturday we will return to Western and he will have his competition for the $40,000 scholarship. Hopefully he will do well!

I even purchased tickets to the season closing concert for the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra in April. Their program:

Three Poems by Walt Whitman
Fetler

Symphony No. 5
Beethoven

Rhapsody for Clarinet & Orchestra
Debussy

Clarinet Concertino
Weber

I'm not familiar with any of the other pieces, but I love the Beethoven. Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is my favorite piece of music in all of time and all the world - but its a close thing between his Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh as to my second favorite on his works.

 

No comments: