Friday, January 13, 2006

a long weekend begins

Made it through an extremely busy and unpleasant week at work. I am glad this work week is now one for the history books. What a stinker it was! We had pretty much every impatient bed filled all week, and we have some horribly sick patients. 

One of the two Internet discussion boards I sometimes go was horribly hacked today. I would probably be a lot more panicked, but the same thing happened at the other board where  I am a moderator last summer. That board was badly hurt, but is surviving. I am sure that this one, as it is a lot busier and has a lot more members, will end up being just fine. It's still a pain, though. I've never understood how and why some people can get their jollies by messing up other peoples' work and fun.

Steven hurt his knee at wrestling practice. It wasn't even at a high school practice (he works out with the high school these days as much as, if not more than, the middle school) - it was at a middle school practice. He went to the doctor today and they think he'll be fine in a couple of weeks as long as he does the rehab exercises they prescribed for him. So starting on Tuesday he will do those exercises under the eye of the high school athletic trainer every day.

Bill is in the middle of his final exams, and will be done with them tomorrow.

The kids have a half day of school tomorrow, and I know that will make them both very happy.

Steven will obviously not wrestle now on Saturday, but Bill will have a varsity team tournament. I will drag myself there as early in the morning as I can stand to, to watch as much of it as I can. Dan will be at the middle school scrimmage. I will probably let Steven stay at home that morning, since the high school tournament is in a neighboring town and I can get home quickly if I am needed.

Tomorrow I will have a doctor's appointment. It is time for the dreaded pap & pelvic, which I have been putting off, as I hate it so much. I know they will also schedule me for the dreaded base line mammogram, too. Also no fun.

Sunday should be good, though. I am looking forward to visiting Evanston. I had signed Bill up to tour Northwestern with three other people on Monday, but with Steven's bad knee, now I might catch the train down to Chicago with Steven. We can take cabs around once we get down there, and he won't have to do so much walking or try to stay up with a group. Steven and I can very happily spend most of a day in this one block of Michigan Avenue that has a great big book store and a gourmet chocolate shop.

No comments: