Wednesday, September 14, 2005

There's a lovely gentle, soaking rain this morning. It's been at least two weeks since we've had any rain at all, and this rain is perfect for the garden.  It's the kind that will gently soak into the earth rather than run off into the drainage ditches.

While I am still breaking out in minor hives, the worst of them are definately healing now.  I hope that Friday I can wear sweat pants and a long sleeve t-shirt and long socks and gloves and perhaps plant more bulbs.

Tonight a friend will be stopping off at the new cafe and bringing some of us hot dinner at work tonight. That will be most pleasant. And I  might be meeting a couple of friends for lunch before I go into work tomorrow, though I haven't completely made up my mind on that one. I am not usually a very social person, but knowing I might get deployed has me in the mood to spend time with people right now.

I got a cool phone call from my friend Erik who lives in New York yesterday. He works with mentally handicapped adults, often taking them on field trips. Yesterday he took a group out to the Delaware Water Gap, to the huge and lovely waterfall we saw last month. He said that the waterfall, which had been so full and huge and roaring when we saw it last month was just a little trickle yesterday!

No comments: