Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Spending the day before work doing laundry and watching the first half of the British tv miniseries Neverwhere. Also blowing my nose. I haven't had any new hives in two days, so of course, now I have a nasty cold to compensate for getting better, and I have to carry a box of tissues around the house with me because my nose is so disgusting. I don't know whether to laugh  or scream.I guess I prefer to laugh. Screaming takes to much energy.

Tropical Storm Rita (who has ever seen them get to an "R" name before???) is now officially a hurricane, and is brushing by the bottom of Florida and Cuba today. It is heading into the Gulf of Mexico. Once it gets into the Gulf, and all of that warm water, it is expected to get a lot stronger, just a little less than Katrina (Katrina was a 4 of 5 when it made landfall, they are thinking this one will be a 3 of 5, which is a major storm). They think it might hit either Louisiana or Texas. The area it might hit in Texas has tens of thousands of Katrina evacuees. Those poor souls will have to evacuated again, if that is the case. How much will these poor people have to endure before they can reclaim their lives?

 

No comments: