Saturday, September 3, 2005

Had a very nice day at home with the kids today, even if it is a Friday in September. State law says that there is no public school on the Friday of Labor Day weekend, so I got my kids with me today!  Good thing, too, as neither one of them is feeling completely well yet. In fact, Stevie did go to the doctor yesterday, and is now on penicillin for a very sore throat.

I did leave briefly, to fill up the gas tank in Bill's truck and get supplies for making up a huge pan of homemade macaroni & cheese. After letting the kids have some, I put the rest in freezer/microwave containers and took that into Ann Arbor so my friend with the terminally ill dad can stick them in her freezer.

Otherwise, I stayed home and enjoyed my kids, and gave out doses of tylenol and the like to Steven, for his continuing low grade fever.

Dan and I finished watching Band of Brothers tonight. Best thing I have ever seen made for television, no question about it. Lots of violence and swearing (and one sex scene), though, so people sensitive to that sort of thing should beware. The violence and swearing are quite realistic, however, given the battlefield settings  Also, the chapter where the men find and liberate a concentration camp in Germany is extremely disturbing, and made both of us cry.  The documentary of the interviews of the actual men describing their wartime experiences on the bonus disc is very moving, and well worth watching.

No comments: