Saturday, September 3, 2005

It's a busy day today. Got up, ate a bit of breakfast, then drove Steven to Ypsilanti for a friend's birthday party. (Of course, I forgot his penicillin, so I will have to head back to Ypsilanti this afternoon). I did find gas at a station in Ypsi at under $3/gallon, though, and that was good. I was able to top off my tank.

I got home and started planting hundreds of flower bulbs. I stayed out doing that for awhile, until Bill asked me to head into town and get him some diarrhea medicine. So I headed into town, picking up some hardy mums and asters to plant while I was at the store.

Then I came home and planted hundreds more bulbs. I am down to one box of 30 hyacinths, one box of 40 tulips, and one box of 70 daffodills. Oh, and a sack of various German iris roots. So things are coming along nicely. One or two more sunny Fridays and/or Saturdays should get the garden/yard into good shape for next spring.

I am taking a break and waiting for Dan to get home (he is due in anytime). Then we will take the penicillin to Steven, and head out to Dexter to dig up those baby dogwood trees to transplant into our yard. We have to work around the time of the big University of Michigan football game, so as to avoid the heavy traffic (100,000 + people create a lot of traffic, mess, and hassle). I hope Bill is up to coming out with us. That will give one more strong back to dig up the trees, and it will give him a chance to see the beautiful 40 year old Rolls Royce convertible, something you don't see everyday.

No comments: