Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I am now the proud owner of not one -- not two -- but three Sander's bumpy cakes!!! I found out a couple of weeks ago that someone I am aquainted with knows where to get them (in Livonia). I had not seen one since I was a little girl and Sander's was no longer in business. So its like getting back a beloved bit of my childhood. I shared one of the two little ones with friends this evening, and froze the other little one, and froze the great big one (which will be my birthday cake this year).  For anyone who does not know what a Sander's Bumpy Cake is -- it's a Detroit thing like Vernor's flavored ice cream and Faygo pop, that people in other areas of the country sort of shake their heads over, but that we love.

My cold is still giving me a nasty nose, but I am hanging in there. I drank about half a gallon of piping hot herbal tea today, and just drank a big mug of hot apple cider. I am about to take a hot shower, then get a good night's sleep. I'm hoping to shake this thing by the weekend.

No comments: