Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One of the pharmacists I work with got her notice of being called up yesterday. I was told one of the social workers showed up with a bunch of paperwork for her, and a fistful of immunizations. They had the pharmacist roll up her sleeves and shot her up right there, as well as starting to take a powerful antibiotic for the next few weeks to hopefully kill off any nasty bacteria she might be exposed to. She could fly out as early as today, as late as this weekend. This lady has four little kids, the oldest being about 12, the youngest being only 2 or 3.

I think she is one of the bravest people I have ever known, and incredibly strong to leave behind her children.

My stupid hives are starting to get better. I am still having new ones pop out (the latest bunch are on the backs of my fingers and neck) but the older, especially nasty ones on my thighs are healing. And most of them just itch, rather than both hurt and itch. So I think I am starting to get better.

Maybe if they call me up for disaster relief, I will be medically cleared to go!

Bill got called up to the varsity soccer team yesterday. He played very well, from what I have been told. I am so glad, though I wish I could have seen him play!

Steven had a soccer practice yesterday evening, though there are still not enough kids to play games. I suppose the exercise will be good for him. He had such a huge growth spurt last spring he probably needs the extra exercise to just get used to how much bigger his body is.

I've been plugging away on watching the first season of Highlander. I am down to only five episodes. I am glad I did this. I used to catch episodes on cable tv when I got home from work, but the episodes would be half over. I now understand how and why some of the stuff happened -- I must have missed some important transition episodes, like when Duncan and company made the move from Seattle to Paris. Mysteries are being solved!!

No comments: