Thursday, September 29, 2005

Last night it was really rainy. Today it is clear as a bell, just absolutely gorgeous. But it's pretty chilly. I opened the windows for the cats a few minutes ago, and I am already ready to make some hot chocolate or hot cider and put on a sweater or a hoodie. Fall is definately here now.

 

Still no word on being deployed. Maybe I can relax a bit and make some plans for the long weekends I will have off of work in the next two months. Bill does need to visit some college campuses, and if we could squeeze in a couple of campus visits in those long weekends, that would be great. Obviously, he won't need visits to the universities he's applying to which are within ten miles of home, but one of the ones he's interested in (because of its architecture school) is down in Indiana, and that one if definately worth a visit. So I will probably sit down and try to figure that out this Saturday. I think there's a nice state park in Indiana, just under the Michigan border with a lodge to stay at, and that might be a great place to stay, given the leaves will be at peak color.

Tomorrow is supposed to be as glorious a day as today. I should be able to plant lots of bulbs and fall flowers.  I'll have to bundle up, though.

 

No comments: