Monday, January 31, 2005

The wrestling marathon concluded today with a successful tournament for little kids. We had been expecting about 200 to come to compete, and we got over 300! Steven and I helped out in the concession booth, which was very busy. I think I will dream of hot dogs  and pop  tonight! Stevie was a great help, especially as I know he would have rather been wrestling. His headaches and dizziness have greatly reduced in the last few days, so maybe soon...

The last few times I have driven at night I have been wondering if I have been losing my vision, or perhaps my mind. I kept thinking that my headlights haven't been working. I will be driving along, continually trying to turn on the switch (which is, of course, already on). I have even pulled over in order to walk in front of the Jeep and make sure that they are turned on. Today I remembered to look at them during the day -- and discovered that they had a very heavy coating of dried on road salt and scuzz. When I got out of work, I scrubbed them down with rubbing alcohol and gauze pads. Driving home I was singing to myself:

Yeah, BABY!! I have headlights!!!!

Sometimes its the little things in life that can just make your day!

No comments: