Saturday, January 29, 2005

The wrestling coaches today let me go something I have never seen a wrestling coach do before -- my older son was so tired that he was pretty obviously unwell, and they let me bring him on home, several hours before the tournament finished. So home I brought him, ran him a hot bath with mineral salts so he could soak and relax, and fed him some dinner. Hopefully he can get to sleep very soon, so he can feel better tomorrow.

I am also worried about his homework. They had wrestling Tuesday, Thursday, yesterday, today, and they will be helping with the little kids' tournament tomorrow. I honestly do not know when the kids will have a chance to catch up with their homework. I probably should ask Bill to work on some homework this evening, but I do not have the heart to do that, with him being so tired. Physical well being sometimes must take priority over everything else.

A lot of the kids had a rough day today. One of the kids even had to be taken off in an ambulance, which is always horrible. It hurts even seeing a stranger child hurt, but when it is a child you know, like, and talk to it is even worse. It was a leg injury, but the kid is a big guy (wrestles heavyweight, 275 pounds) so they didn't want him to put any weight on it until they could check things out at the hospital. So hopefully he will be OK.

No comments: