Thursday, January 13, 2005

The fog was very heavy today. There was an accident involving about 100 cars on I96, about 1 1/2 hours northwest of here. Two people were killed, and many more seriously hurt. Horrible.

Work has been very busy this week. I'm not sure if the high humidity is bothering people with bad lungs, all of the snow has been bothering people with bad hearts, or there are just a lot of ugly bugs going around, but the ER has been full, as has nearly every bed in the hospital. It's been kicking our buttts big time. Luckily I have only more more night to make it through, and then all will be busy at home, but well. A busy day at home is better than any night at work.

I am continuing to greatly enjoy Tim Power's book, The Annubis Gates.

It's wildly creative and very entertaining.  The most original thing I have read in quite some time, and a good adventure story as well.

And things seem to be working out for the new and summertime trip to New York. If either of the major league baseball teams is in town, we are going to try to get some tickets. Should be fun!!!  I'm still sad that I will have to miss the February trip I had been planning, but sometimes things happen that are outside of our control, and plans must be changed as a result.

No comments: