Friday, January 28, 2005

Long, long day. I am grateful to God for my power drink, that enabled me to get through the first half of it, and the gigantic bottle of  soda pop that help me get through the latter part.

Well, my older son earned his first Sheriff's star today. The Monroe County Sheriff's Tournament is one of the most prestigious in the state, and always has very high quality teams like Dundee and Bedford. They give out these wonderful and unique medals, that look like the star shaped badges deputy sheriffs wear in old western movies. It is the highlight of most wrestler's high school careers to get one. Bill got a sixth place finish, so earned his star. Of course, being the perfectionist that he is, he was all upset with himself and thought that he should have done better. He didn't get much sleep last night, as he was all anxious about the tournament. So I am hoping with some sleep he will feel better. Of course, tomorrow he will be at an even bigger tournament all day (I have the feeling that it will be one of those 14 hour or so ones.) I think I might break down and share one of my vitamin power drinks with him in the morning! And maybe let him take another one in his gear bag...

 (Even though he is down on himself, my son will always be a star to me.)

No comments: