Monday, January 3, 2005

We worked on the house all day today. We got the Christmas tree and decorations down, including some that have been up for more than a year (I was sick last year, and then after my father died in January, never got around to it). Did lots of laundry. Cleaned in general and washed dishes. It helped that all four of us were home and pitched in to help!! So it was a good and productive day.

After that, I got to go to work. Luckily, it was quiet. Started catching up on my other favorite mystery series on my breaks. I got caught up the the Tony Hillerman novels set on the Navajo reservation this morning while eating breakfast. Now its time to catch up with the series about the female National Park Ranger, written by a former female ranger named Nevada Barr. I had been three books behind on the Hillerman, and four behind on the Barr, so am currently reading Blood Lure, set in the glories of the Rocky Mountains at Glacier National Park. It is a mystery involving murder and grizzley bears!

Have been talking to my buddy in New York and Dan trying to figure out a good time for us to go to NYC. Right now it looks like a choice between Easter weekend and sometime this coming summer. Dan has wanted to take me to something called the Delaware Water Gap for over twenty years now, so he suggested taking off out east this summer for a week, spending the first part of the week in NYC with my buddy and his family, the second half at this Water Gap place. Either would be fine with me.

I'm feeling sort of bad because the friend I decided to drop things with sent me a message on the computer and I deleted it without reading it. My sense of fairness tells me I should have read it. But once someone has been proven to be thoughtless and cruel why should I have to subject myself to being in contact with him or her -- especially after I told that person I wanted no further contact? If it was important, I will definately feel bad, but on the other hand, I honestly don't know what could be important, at this point in time, anyway. The whole situation sucks.

The kids are back in school tomorrow (Monday). They didn't seem to be too happy about that today. I am looking forward to getting more sleep, though.

No comments: