Thursday, January 27, 2005

A lovely sunny Thursday afternoon, though it is horribly cold outside. I will be going to work in a few minutes, and I am most grateful that tonight marks the end of the work week. There will be no rest for the weary, though, this weekend, for parent or child. But once we make it through this busy weekend, things will hopefully calm down a bit.

Tomorrow we will be heading down to the Monroe area, to Frenchtown Township, for the big tournament (the one that had been cancelled due to the snow and will be made up tomorrow). I always feel a bit odd when I go to that high school, as it is so close to the nuclear power plant. Once again, Fermi has been closed down this week due to some sort of problem. It's an older plant, and seems to have a lot of problems, and I truly wish that it could be decommisioned.

On Saturday Dan will stay at our high school to help coach the junior varsity team at our tournament. I will be heading to Lincoln Park to watch the varsity kids at their tournament. I will probably be in charge of our food table, too, and make grocery store runs if we run out of food or bottled water.

On Sunday Dan will be helping to run the tournament for little kids at our high school. I will help with concessions until it is time to go to work.

Next weekend, though, the high school team will be going to Battle Creek, and possibly spending the night there. We are hoping to send our younger son to his best friend's house for an overnight visit. Dan and I will go hear the Philharmonic and eat out at a nice restaurant. And we will take long naps, and rest as much as we can during the course of the day. Now that will be a day to recharge our batteries!!

No comments: