Friday, January 7, 2005

Well, one of my coworkers wrecked her car on her way home from work last night, so I am very glad my drive home went as smoothly as it did. Luckily, she is fine, though her car will need some work. A person is infinately more important than a car anyway!!!

Have been chugging along on my Nevada Barr mysteries. Hunting Season involved poachers, simmering racial tensions, and mysterious death on the Natchez Trace. In Flashback, Anna (the woman ranger) takes a temporary promotion to Fort Jefferson in the Florida Keys, and investigates the explosion of a mysterious boat. She also becomes involved in some old letters that belong to her family, written by a Union Army Captain's wife, who lived at that same fort when it was a prison camp following the Civil War. So there is a mystery in the current time, and also one from the past.

Am very glad it is the weekend now!!!

Tomorrow I will take in the Jeep for an oil change and go to lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant in the entire world.   Saturday is the Monroe County Sherriff's Tournament, one of the most prestigious high school tournaments in the state. I'm not sure if I want to go to that one or not. I still do a slow burn when I think about last year's, with Bill wrestling when he was still so hurt from the concussion. I will have to wait and see...

No comments: