Tuesday, January 25, 2005

It's quite a bit warmer today and tonight, though it is still below freezing. It is cloudy rather than clear, which is probably why it is warmer. No moon glistening on the snow, beckoning me outside tonight! Tomorrow we are due for some winter mix and freezing rain. Yuck!!!

I am so glad I made the decision to wait until summer to go to New York rather than go next month, though I was upset about it at the time. I have just heard from my buddy, and his wife is working all three days of that weekend and he will be watching the three children. That would have been OK in some ways, as I love kids and wouldn't have minded hanging out with Fist and the little ones. But it would have been difficult to get around, as I was not planning on getting a rental car and I would have been staying in a hotel near where he and his family live, an hour north of the city, and he would have not been able to go to the Philharmonic concert, etc. So next summer, when I will have the Jeep, will be better. And even if he can't get time off of work, and watches his children in the evenings, he can always bring them to the hotel and Dan and I and my kids (since mine are older than his) can keep an eye on them while they swim and splash around in the pool. And the weather will hopefully be a lot better...our nasty little storm last weekend was their huge nasty blizzard!! And I still will get to go to a concert with the New York Philharmonic -- right here in Ann Arbor. So everything is working out, and I'm feeling a lot better about my decision. Isn't it funny how life works that way sometimes???

Tomorrow the great wrestling marathon will begin.

No comments: