Wednesday, April 2, 2008

baseball starts!

Yesterday was opening day at Comerica. A sure sign that spring is eventually coming and therefore close to a holy day here in Michigan! The day stared out cloudy and rainy, then cloudy and windy, and then rainy and very windy. They got the ball game in during the cloudy and windy time period in the afternoon. The Tigers lost. Curses! But it was still good to see the Boys of Summer out on the field.

No game today, but if weather allows they will play tomorrow.

Almost all of the snow is melted from out yard, and we have entered the shoulder season between winter and  spring locally called Mud Season. We had high winds all day long today, and I feel very lucky we lost no trees and did not lose our electricity. When we get wind storms during Mud Season, often the root systems of trees cannot hold their trees up, so they come flopping down.

Hopefully we can plant the cherry trees soon - when Dan tried the other day the ground was still frozen.

On Friday I have to go shopping at one of the most expensive stores at the Mall for a bridal shower gift, as Macy's is where the couple is registered. I told Steven I was going to make him come along with me, but that we could go out for a good lunch.

I was brave tonight. I had two swallows out of Dan's glass of milk. I had a bit of cheese yesterday. I have also had some fruit. I am hoping to be able to eat normally in another week or so.

 

No comments: