Saturday, March 29, 2008

cherry trees

Even though there is still snow on the ground, spring will be here eventually. Tigers home opener is Monday (though it will most likely rain, according to the forecasts). And today Dan and I bought two baby Bing cherry trees to plant in the yard. Steven, ever the practical one, immediately wanted to know whether or not they will bear fruit this year! LOL! Let's just hope they live first, kiddo!

Steven has been really into reading lately. Fist when he saw me rereading Harry Potter, he did as well. Then he decided to take to road to Steven King's Dark Tower, and he is in the midst of the last book. I have him set up to read Jim Butcher's Dresden Files next - I greatly enjoy those and I think a fifteen year old boy who loves fantasy stories will love tales of a wizard living in Chicago and having duels to the death with vampire lords at Wrigley Field and bringing Sue the dinosaur back to pseudo-life with necromatic powers.

No comments: