Wednesday, April 16, 2008

sort of a bad day

As with all people who work second shift, I have to unwind at home for an hour or two after getting home from work. Think of it this way if you are a day shift worker - you do not usually come home from work and hit the hay by 1700. I usually do not get to bed until about 0200.

This morning I got a very ugly awakening at 0630 when Dan's cell phone (which he had accidentally left next to our bed) rang. I wanted to flush the darned thing down the toilet, but I was nice and I got up and took it to Steven, who in turn took it to his father.

And then bizarre things started happening. We have a clock radio which has a telephone component. We got rid of our land line house phone when we got the cable computer broadband (the costs sort of evened out). Well, the line is still there, but turned off. but this morning, shortly after the cell phone incident, the phone that is part of the clock radio...started dialing all by itself. Very weird and strange and creepy. And not just once - but again and again and again. It was calling either a 1-800 or long distance number, too! I picked up the phone a couple of times and could hear computer sounds coming out of it, though no dial tone (and since our phone service is turned off, we should not have a dial tone.

Just bizarre.

So it was a bad start to a strange day.

I am so tired from lack of sleep that I feel hung over.

Hope I get better sleep tonight!

No comments: