Saturday, April 26, 2008

quiet Friday at home

Poor Dan has been working midnights again this week, and he is exhausted. The restaurant remodeling is going well, though, and they are ahead of schedule. They have to remodel the restaurant late at night when it is closed.

I'm somewhat worn out, too, though obviously not as badly as Dan.

It was my day off, so I spent a quiet day at home, with laundry and rest. Tomorrow I will have to go grocery shopping. I have a ten dollars off coupon for Whole Foods that I refuse to let expire unused. I also have to stop off at Sam's Club.

We watched the Tigers game tonight, and were actually encouraged even though they lost. They lost a close low scoring game to a good team. It was a positive thing to see them be able to hang in there against a team as good as the Angels without having to score ten or more runs to be in the game.

After everyone else went to bed I watched the first disc of the TV series The Dresden Files. I thought I would give it a try because I love the series of books by Jim Butcher. Unfortunately, they seemed to miss the quirky humor of the books. It was OK, but no more than OK. I hope that HBO will do a better job with the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse books.

No comments: