Saturday, April 12, 2008

nice but cold and rainy day

It is a cold and rainy day. A bit frustrating, as I would love to be working in my flower beds, and also getting my veggie/herb garden ready for spring planting. But at least I got a lot of yard work done yesterday. Hopefully, I can get a nice weather day on my next days off.

We went out to breakfast this morning at the Coney Island in Milan. It featured delicious food and a pleasant time.

I then dropped Steven off at a friend's house in Ypsilanti. I then went to the grocery store. Dan and I had been planning on going out for Asian food tonight - but they had lots of fresh snow peas at the store. Snow peas are a great weakness of mine. So I got the stuff for us to make stir fry at home, and am very excited about it.

what we will have:

frozen vegetarian egg rolls (I love home made egg rolls, but they are time consuming and fussy to make)

stir fry with:

hot and spicy sze chuan sauce

sliced water chestnuts

bamboo shoots

bean sprouts

broccoli

carrots

snow peas

lamb

This afternoon I will watch the Tigers and Red Wings games, alternating. This is the second Wings playoff game. Go Wings! I hope the Tigers can win another game, too. I am very interested in finding out what is going on with Dontrelle Willis's knee, as his slip and fall was very similar to mine last year (other than his was on a wet pitcher's mound and mien was on a wet floor at work). I am hoping since he is a young and healthy athlete, his will heal much better and quicker than mine. But since they have mentioned surgery (which I have not had time to investigate or have done),  I am interested in finding out how they treat his.

Anyway, even with the crappy weather, I am having a very nice day. It will be better if the Wings and Tigers win, though. (Yes, I am a Detroiter and Michigander, born and bred.)

No comments: