Monday, August 21, 2006

work sucks

Work sucks. I just had to say that. Right now all of the people I like to work with the most are actively looking for other jobs and are pretty serious about quitting. We are talking about people with ten or more years (in some cases more than twenty years) on their jobs. Work sucks.

I apologized to my former friend, though I doubt he will ever accept it. He does not offer or accept apologies, in my experience. Nonetheless, what I said was shameful and beneath me, and I felt bad about, so I did apologize. Now I consider the incident to be over, and my former friend can go back into the category of people to be ignored and avoided at all costs. It is too bad it has to be that way. There are many wonderful things and qualities about him ~ but I simply do not wish to be around people who have a low opinion of me. Why put up with that if I do not have to? It makes me sick that is has to be that way, though. I tried to fix it, but he made it very clear that nothing can be fixed. If he ever changes his mind and approaches me in a kind and honest and respectful manner, I might reconsider my self-protective stance. But I am not holding my breath. In fact, given his low opinion, it is the last thing in the world I expect to happen.

I tried calling John yesterday, but got his voice mail. Apparently the funeral was yesterday. We had intended to call him from work tonight, but it got too busy. I will send him an email in a few minutes.

No comments: