Saturday, August 5, 2006

productive day

Worked all day. Did numerous loads of laundry (the last is drying now). Did a big load of dishes, though the sink is full again and I will have to do more tomorrow before work. Cooked a huge dinner. Kept Dan (who is absolutely miserable after a particularly back breaking day of work) supplied with cool drinks. Have fed and watered and brushed the pets (though that is a joy rather than a job).

While I would have rather been doing any number of things other than housework, I still feel good about how much I got accomplished. I want to get the house in good enough shape that I can get Bill off to Muncie with nothing to worry about other than getting him set for school.

I even sorted out a lot of the books in my "To Be Read" stacks. They are a lot more organized now, though I might not get to many of them for awhile.

And I have picked out some classic works for Steven to read if we do decide to do the home schooling thing. Also some things that might not be classics, but are just plain fun to read.

No comments: