Wednesday, August 23, 2006

weird day!

Today was a weird day.

I gotten woken up out of a sound sleep this morning by the phone. I hate that! It was one of Steven's friends, and Steven was also sound asleep. I had to pound on his door for a long time to get him up to talk to his friend.

I was making breakfast, and Steven came downstairs to let the dog out. He did so, then came back upstairs and said that the dog was sick, and there was a trail of diarrhea from the stairs to the back door. So I stopped making breakfast, and came downstairs and cleaned it up. After doing so, I no longer wanted to eat. Steven also did not feel like eating. Funny how lots of smelly poop can do that to someone! Yuck! <shudder> Yuck!

We went into Ann  Arbor to meet Dan for lunch at Panera and a trip to the bookstore. He (Dan) was on the phone for at least twenty minutes yelling at the energy company, trying to get the natural gas turned back on for an apartment building. He was also very grouchy as a result of dealing with said people at the energy company. So no one really enjoyed themselves much, though Steven was very happy to find the book he was wild to get, Twilight by Erin Hunter.

Then came work, and enough said about that.

Now, being home, I have discovered more doggy diarrhea, this time on the carpeting rather than the cement floor. I am not even sure how to even attempt to clean it up. I might just cover with a pile of those bleach filled cleaning wipes, in hopes that they soak up a lot of it so the rest will be easier to clean.

Well, one good thing has happened - I heard from my dear friend John. His cell phone, and those of his family members, do not like to work in a small town in the far northern plains. While he is still very sad, he is feeling better than when I talked to him last week. That is a huge relief!

Well, it is time for a shower, and then bed. Steven's home schooling begins tomorrow!

No comments: