Saturday, August 12, 2006

still getting ready for college

Another day of working our butts off. Bill's room in now perfect - just in time for him to move out. I do not know whether to laugh or cry about that. I guess  I will laugh, as I prefer that to crying, and usually only cry when I am tired enough to let my emotional fences down.

We did buy a few things for his dorm room today - a foldable easy chair to fit under his loft and a TV stand for our old crappy television that he will be taking with him. And we got him three pairs of jeans. The winter coats are not in the stores yet, so he will have to wait for that until sometime in the fall.

I am still plugging away on the cinder block called House of Chains by Steven Erikson. Good stuff, but man his books are very long. I think I reread Latro in the Mist by Gene Wolfe after that, followed by rereading Dan Simmons's Hyperion/Endymion books, followed by a reread of Frank Herbert's Dune sequence. I am sure I will sneak some short mystery and general novels in there, too.

I am exhausted - it is time to read a bit more Erikson and then get my tired rear to bed.

No comments: