Wednesday, August 16, 2006

well, tomorrow is the day!

Well, tomorrow is the big day when our older son goes off to architecture school! I know I am going to miss him like crazy - he is one of the greatest and most positive people to ever happen to me - but I also know he is on the path to good things. I think that once the initial adjustment is over he will be very happy at the university. For the first time in his life my gifted child will have an honest to God peer group, and one that shares his interests. And knowing that makes me very happy for him, though I know once he is gone I will miss him. I am expecting it to hit bad when we come home and he will not be here...but I will have a couple of days before I have to go back to work, so hopefully the worst of it will be over by Sunday night.

And, of course, there will be the home schooling to get ready for - and that plus work should keep me busy enough to keep my mind off of things.

One of the most important things about loving someone is letting him or her go so that they can be happy and have a better life. And this is a wonderful opportunity for him. Definitely a potential path to happiness, fulfillment, and wonderful career where he can use his mind and his hands and his creativity. So I am letting him go - with all of my love, and encouragement, and all of my blessings.

 

No comments: