Friday, August 25, 2006

better day

Steven got a good night's sleep, and so was in a much better mood today. The schooling went very well. We covered the Civil War, The Iliad (we are up to chapter 6), and watched the first episode of Ken Burns' documentary mini series The Civil War, which delighted us both.

We have decided to do what the local school system does, and alternate days for classes. So on one day Steven will have literature and history, and on the next day he will have science and math and they will continuously alternate like that. I will be doing the history and literature and writing and most of the science. Dan will be doing the algebra. So that way every other morning I can sleep in, which will be a great boon to me, working second shift as I do.

Tomorrow we will do a great science experiment with mentos and diet cola. When you drop in the mentos the diet cola explodes like a geiser. So after Steven's math (and I wake up) we will go out to lunch then go to the store to get lots of mentos and several brands of pop, to see which ones blow up the best. It should be a lot of fun!!! We will keep a record of how much pop is left in each bottle after the explosion, and see if results vary with different temperatures and/or brands of pop and with different amounts of mentos.

We've been invited to a couple of parties this weekend, but we will have to see how we are doing. Dan has not been feeling well since Bill went to school. I was so tired today I was tripping over my own feet at work tonight.

One more work week and I can go to Muncie to see my son!!!

No comments: