Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Got a nice long letter from my oldest sister today. My Dad is out of the hospital and now in a rehabilitation facility in Tennessee. He is still very sick and weak, the purpose of this place is to get him strong and walking again, so he can come home to his daughters. He apparently has hereditary lung problems -- no wonder Steven and I have asthma -- I knew it ran in my mother's family, now I know lung problems run on both sides of my family...I am just glad he is doing better, as it sounds as if he
nearly died...and I would not have even been able to see him...
We looked at the map, he is maybe 10 or 12 miles from my oldest sister, who is very trustworthy and responsible, thank God...

I hope he gets well enough so he can come stay with us for part of the summer - we would like to pick him up on our way back from New Mexico. I think he would like staying with his youngest grandchildren for awhile, maybe get to see them play soccer...give him a reason for joy, a reason for life...

No comments: