Monday, January 26, 2004

According to phone conversations, Steven did quite well today in Ohio. He brought home a medal and a trophy (Dan said it looks like a normal trophy, but is actually a bobble head!), and he qualified for one of the biggest tournaments in America, The Ohio Tournament of Champions (if I remember correctly, their website is at http://www.ohiotoc.com). I hope he doesn't go...it would be expensive, he and Bill would miss a day of school, and we would have to spend a weekend in Columbus, and I'm not sure how that would work out with my work since I work every Sunday.
I will have to hunt for the weird trophy tomorrow. I will have to wait until Friday to see my son and ask him about his impressions, unless there is a snowday this week with the incoming snowstorms...

I KNOW I have no grounds for complaint, with so many couples having their significant others in Iraq or Afganistan these days, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be able to actually see and speak to and touch your husband

on a daily basis...other than when one or the other is asleep...and only talking for a few minutes here and there on the phone...we haven't had regular time together in over fifteen years...and our days off are even different, when he even takes days off...sometimes in the fall he can go 60 days or more without a single one...
What would it be like to have a sweetheart, someone you can talk to and laugh with and TOUCH? Someone that you actually matter to?

 

No comments: