Monday, October 31, 2005

Another gloriously beautiful autumn day.

I wanted to stay home from work so much that I ached with it. It was much too lovely outdoors to be stuck two stories underground for 8 1/2 hours. But I was a good girl and went in.

The federal medical emergency facility in Waco is closing after this weekend. The patients which had been displaced by hurricanes Katrina and Rita have been placed in other permanent facilities now. They are opening a new one in Miami to help people displaced by hurricane Wilma. So any additional deployed people from my hospital will probably be sent there. Still now word on whether or not I  (or anyone else I know) will be called upon to go. So nothing to do but avoid making plans that could affect other people, and just quietly wait for awhile to see whether or not I will be called upon.

I have decided to enter this year's NaNoWriMo. It's something that I can do that will not affect anyone else in any way, shape, or form, that might also be a lot of fun. I highly doubt I could ever reach the goal of a 50,000 word story in one month even if I am not deployed. But it still might be a lot of fun! How NaNoWriMo Works 

No comments: