Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Yesterday was sort of a weird day. Because of getting home from work around 4AM, I slept pretty late. When I woke up I felt all hung over and icky. Dan came home in the early afternoon and we ran errands (like picking up Bill's senior pictures) together. I got a bad headache, then realized that it might be because I hadn't really had anything to eat or drink yet (told you I had woken up feeling really out of it). After a stop at a party store, and a bottle of water later, my headache started to go away. I must have been dehydrated.

We stopped off at a sub shop on the way home and got sandwiches and chips. We gave the kids theirs, bolted ours, then headed up to Auburn Hills for the U2 concert.

Oh, that was sooooooooooooooooooo good.   

We got home around 1AM, and were really surprised to see the World Series game still going on. Turned out it was the longest game in World Series history! I know someone who is a big time Chicago White Sox fan  so I've been following the series this year, and rooting for his beloved Sox. I was glad to see the Sox win last night, and take a commanding lead in the series.

I now know more about deployment, as someone in my department is now in the middle of hers. It would most likely be in Waco, Texas. You are flown in and out of Dallas, and met by a government employee there, so you do not have to rent a car. You work with spinal cord injury patients who have been displaced by the hurricanes. They have set up a huge inpatient facility in Waco specifically for that sort of patient, as a place for them to receive care until a permanent bed in a rehab or nursing home sort of facility can be found for them. So it is hard work, but rewarding! You are put up in a local hotel (you do not need to pay for it), and there is a driver to take you back and forth between work and the hotel, so you do not have to worry about having a rental car. You work 12 hour shifts for six days, have a day off, work six more 12 hour days, have a day off, come home, and get a week off from your normal work to recover (you do not have to use your vacation time for that week off -- you earned it through all of the extra hours you worked in the previous two weeks). So, we will see...

But, oh -- U2 was so wonderful in concert!!! That was truly a dream come true for me!     And hopefully John's White Sox World Series victory dream can come true for him very soon, too!

No comments: