Monday, October 17, 2005

I turned 41 years old today. I feel every day of those years, and quite a few extra besides.

Dan wanted to take me out to lunch, but I just didn't feel up to it. so I stayed home and just hung out alone while the kids were at school. I did drive out to Chelsea to watch Bill play soccer in the afternoon, though. It was cold and raining and there was a parking place where I could see the field out the Jeep window, and so I did not even get out of my warm and dry vehicle.

Dan did take me out for dinner tonight, though I wasn't particularly hungry. We went to the Cracker Barrel where I got a vegetable plate.

When I got home, the kids sang birthday songs to me. They are everything sweet and good in the entire world to me. I feel a bit down right now, and a lot exhausted, and I want nothing more at this moment than to go to bed...

No comments: