Monday, October 10, 2005

Yesterday we drove out to Tecumseh to watch Steven play soccer.  We drove via country roads on the Ridge Highway. The drive was gorgeous. Lots of the leaves were starting to turn lovely colors, and the fields were filled with bright orange pumpkins.  The day was crisp, but not downright cold, like it was on Friday night.

After dropping the kids off at home, Dan and I went out for dinner at a Thai restaurant in Ypsilanti which has a great reputation. Neither of us had ever had Thai food before. We both thought it was delicious.  It was an interesting blend of Indian (curry, potatos, cucumber) and Chinese (snow peas and other vegetables and spices) influences, yet remained completely its own. Even the hot tea had a unique and very good flavor. I would definately be willing to eat Thai food again.

Afterwards we went to Hill Auditorium and heard Pat Metheny and his trio and quartet. He is a very gifted guitar player, and he even played one number on a sitar. I have never heard a sitar used in jazz before, but it added a great sound.  It was a very good, and fun concert.

Today the guys let me sleep in late, which was good as I got no rest at all this weekend. Dan and Steven brought me breakfast in bed, which was very sweet. I was still somewhat tired at work tonight, but was able to hang in there.

No comments: