Friday, October 14, 2005

Well, Thursday I got down to one sick child, who seemed to be on the mend. The little one was even well enough to play soccer Thursday night. Work got better , too -- everyone on both afternoon and midnight shifts made it in.

Today I thought both kids were well, as they both went in to school. I thought I could run some errands (had to go do a bit of light grocery shopping and go to the Secretary of State office to renew my driver's license and plate tags) and that I could even sleep in. Those hopes were dashed when the high school called rather early in the morning and said they were sending Bill home because he was sick. He had thrown up his breakfast.

I did buy him some ranitidine, as it was plain that regular antacids just weren't doing it for him. Now that really did seem to help, and he was able to eat some soup and some plain bread and has ben able to keep both down.

We will be heading down to Muncie, Indiana first thing in the morning. Since Bill is feeling better we will do his campus visit at Ball State University, and go to the football game there, as the admissions office is willing to give us tickets. It is the homecoming game, the weather in Indiana is supposed to be perfect, and hopefully we will have a great time.

I always like doing things for Bill because he literally never asks for anything. And Steven gets a lot of attention from the community and schools because he is a local star athlete. So I am so glad that Bill is feeling better, so we can do this for him.

 

No comments: