Saturday, April 21, 2007

nice spring weather is FINALLY here!

The good spring weather has finally arrived. At last it is sunny and beautiful!

Of course, this came just in time for our eye doctor appointments yesterday. So they only dilated my eyes (Dan will have to go back and get his eyes dilated in May). That way one of us could see to drive.

Anyway, it was so bright outside, and my eyes were so very dilated, I felt sort of funny. We had planned on going to a charity pig roast last night, but I asked to be dropped off at home instead. So Dan dropped me off on his way from Saline (where the eye doctor is) to Milan (where the pig roast was). He and Steven (who was already in Milan helping to set up a wrestling tournament) went to the pig roast, and I rested at home. Steven laughed when he got home and saw how big my eyes were!

Today Dan and Steven left early to the wrestling tournament in Milan. I went later in the morning. I must be a curse to my child - whenever I am not there to watch him, he does great, and whenever I am there he does not do very well. Today he did not do so well. He was clearly tired and lethargic.

So when his matches were over, I brought him home. He had helped set things up, so did not need to stay after to help clean up and roll up the mats.

We spent a quiet afternoon watching our Tigers lose to the darned White Sox, and then watching our Wings win their playoff game against Calgary on television.

When Dan came home, we all ate a quiet dinner together.

Then Steven went to his best friend's house to spend the night.

Tomorrow I will be back to work, though my knee is still very sore and I do not know how I will be able to make it through eight hours of standing and walking. Dan will take Steven to a travel soccer game in Tecumseh.

Bill has only one week left of classes!

He will be home for the summer in two weeks!

No comments: