Sunday, April 8, 2007

cold Easter afternoon

Holy cats! It is still really cold today! The local paper said that the police had to shut down the local freeways for awhile last night because they got really icy and there were all sorts of roll over accidents. Makes me glad I was safe and warm at home last night, as were Dan and the kids.

This morning we have been having good family time. We had a delicious Easter breakfast of breakfast burritos, with fresh strawberries, biscuits, and grits on the side. It will probably be the one big meal of the day for all of us - we are stuffed now!

Even today people have been knocking on the door to ask if they can have that big oak tree for firewood. I think that Dan thought I had been exaggerating about the amount of interest in that. But with the economy so bad...He believes me now, though, with people pounding on the door on Easter Sunday...

My knee hurts and I really do not want to go into work this afternoon. But idiot that I am, I will be heading in in about an hour and a half.

 Happy Easter!!!!

No comments: