Saturday, April 28, 2007

busy couple of days

We are having a busy couple of days!

The new washing machine was delivered, and I am using it now. I will be using it all day! Three weeks plus of dirty laundry for three people is a lot of loads of washing!  I am sure I will be using it several times a day for the next few days, trying to get caught up!

Yesterday Dan and Steven and I all went to the dentist. It has been a long time, since we did not have dental insurance for years, until my employer just started offering it this year.

My teeth were - rather amazingly - fine, other than needing a good cleaning. So were Dan's. Steven had a couple of cavities, which will be taken care of next month. He has one wisdom tooth starting to come in, but it does not need to be removed yet. They said we could think about getting him braces on his lower teeth only. They also said there is no medical reason for them - it would be strictly cosmetic. So we will think about it, and find out how much the insurance would cover of the expense. I have always heard that braces cost as much as a low end new car, so if the insurance does not cover much of the cost, and it is not medically needed - screw it. We have too many other expenses in out lives right now. Also - the kids are on the insurance until they turn 22. So we need to take care of any of Bill's dental needs first as he is 18 and Steven only 14. So we need to find out if Bill needs braces or wisdom teeth removal and take care of him first, as we have fewer years to do that with help from the insurance.

Bill will go for his dental visit in early May, after he comes home for the summer. Hopefully that will go well!

So we are doing well - last week we used the new vision insurance and this week we use the new dental insurance.

Bill's classes are over for his freshman year - he will have his finals next week, and then he will be home for the summer.

Last night Steven had a soccer game. It was cold and breezy and drizzling rain. I was glad to come home and cook up a hot dinner for everyone! I even baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

This morning Steven woke me up early so I could drive him to a friend's house for a visit. He woke me up with breakfast in bed - a large glass of milk and a plate of some of those chocolate chip cookies!

So today I have the house to myself, and am getting all sorts of work done. Lots of laundry, of course. I have filled up all of the bird feeders and am about to water all of the plants. Then I have a sinkfull of dirty dishes to wash. More laundry as all of this is being done. Since the sun is out, perhaps some yardwork. Hopefully then will come a nice nap sometime this afternoon!

No comments: