Thursday, April 5, 2007

another early morning (yuck!)

Today I was awaken much too early once again - this time by people pounding on the door offering to cut up and haul away the downed tree. I politely told them all that we are planning on using the wood for firewood next winter. What I felt like saying was ". So then - you want to put in one day's worth of work in chopping and hauling and then turn around and sell hundreds of dollars of firewood from the tree that used to grow on my property? And act like you are doing me some sort of a huge favor while you're at it? At this hour of the friggin' morning when I work nights? "

I am never at my best when opportunistic idiots wake me up really early (especially when I am sick) and I did not get anywhere near enough sleep.

I hope tonight at work will not be too horrible. At least it is Friday - and Bill will be home tomorrow.

 

No comments: