Wednesday, April 4, 2007

getting caught up a bit

I woke this morning sick again. I do not know if it is this crazy changeable spring weather, my allergies to tree pollen, or just a nasty sinus crud that is being currently passed around. But I am really sick of being sick!

I finally got around to making hotel reservations down in Indiana to pack up Bill's stuff and help him move home. All of the hotels in Muncie were all booked up, other than one which had one star and 100% horrible ratings in the internet guide. I was frightened to book that one. SO I will be staying about twenty miles from Muncie in a place called Gas City. And what makes that even weirder is that the Holiday Inn in Gas City is on Beaner Boulevard. There is some serious wrongness in that.

While watching the first part of the Tigers home opener yesterday before going to work, the television people mentioned that the Tigers have already sold a million more tickets this season than the same time last year. I thought to myself "Oh crap!" And sure 'nuff, when I tried to buy tickets today I ran into a bunch of sold out and/or standing room only games. I finally got tickets to a Saturday game in May and one to a Saturday game in September - and suck seats for both. Quite a change from the last few years, where you could get good seats for any game you wanted with ease. I might have to start going to Toledo Mud Hens games this year to see baseball! They are a very good AAA team, so no hardship there! And I will be able to see my Tigers at least twice!  Maybe even more, when I get a bit more time to investigate the schedule a bit deeper.

Oh, I am tired and I am sick, and I need to take a shower.

It might snow tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday!

No comments: