Saturday, November 25, 2006

thankfullnesses

Since it is Thanksgiving weekend...

I am so thankful for my children. I am getting choked up, just thinking about how wonderful they are.

I am so thankful to have a job (even if it does help make me sick sometimes) in a time and place where so many people have lost their jobs.

I am thankful to live in a beautiful place. Just being outside today with the sunshine and the lovely trees and the squirrels as big and fat as rabbits running around was very good.

I am thankful to be able to help other people on a nearly daily basis. That is what life is all about! That is why we are here!

I am thankful that my older son has a place at a university, and that there is money to pay for it!

I am thankful that I can spend time with my younger son every day!

I am thankful to have some of the finest people in the world as my friends and my coworkers.

I am thankful for the opportunities that have opened up for both of my children in the past year.

I am thankful for the sun shining, for the breeze blowing, for the beauty of the snow on the pines.

I am thankful for a roof over my head, food to eat, and so many books to read and so much music to listen to.

I am thankful for snuggly, purry cats and a goofy and loving dog.

I am thankful that the Detroit Tigers finally learned how to play baseball!

I am thankful that the Red Wings had a classy captain like Steve Yzerman for so many years! Enjoy your retirement Stevie Wonder!

I am thankful for lessons learned - the most painful are usually the most powerful.

I am thankful for knowing so many good and generous people, and for knowing so few cruel and selfish ones.

 

 

 

No comments: