Sunday, November 5, 2006

lazy day

This weekend has been a bit on the odd side. Originally we were going to go to the play last night (which we did) and Steven was suppose to wrestle today. He had qualified for the Border Wars National Tournament to be held today in Battle Creek, but the play interfered with the weigh-in so Dan decided to take him down to Ohio for some tournament down there someplace. I was really looking forward to having a day for myself, where I could try to get caught up a little bit with the housework, and I could work on my story (it is so frustrating, as I have the whole thing worked out in my head and I have literally had no time to actually work on it). But Steven has a sore shin from the indoor soccer game on Wednesday, so he went to an over night birthday party last night instead.

I was exhausted , and not feeling well, so ended up sleeping in very late this morning. I figured I would be woken up by the phone to go get Steven - so I was really surprised to get woken up by Steven himself, walking into my bedroom to see where I was. His friend's mother had kindly taken all of the guests to their homes. But I still felt like I could sleep several more hours.

Steven wanted to work on his artwork on the computer, so was on it all day long. That was fine, as he really does lovely work, which I wish I could share with you. He really has amazing talent.

I had a bad headache, and had to take a lot of drugs to try to get the sinuses under control before I could function today. Even then, I could not function well enough mentally to read or do anything more mentally strenuous than watch horse racing and Myth Busters on television.

I did get some loads of laundry washed, and did clean up lots of dog pee and even some dog diarrhea from the floor today. The latter certainly did not help the headache.

When Dan got home, we watched a very silly movie called Team America, World Police. Some of it was wildly creative and funny satire - some of it was pretty offensive.

Tomorrow before work, I need to get some lesson plans ready for Steven, This week we took a break from Homer to read some Halloween short stories - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Tell Tale Heart, and Masque of the Red Death. The Edgar Allan Poe stories very much freaked him out.

One of our local kids in the military got killed in Iraq this week. He had only two weeks to go before he was brought home from his  second Iraq deployment. He was a Marine Corps sharpshooter out on a special mission when he was killed. May God help his family survive this loss.

 

No comments: