Wednesday, November 8, 2006

rain, voting, & fog

Today was marked by a hard, cold rain.

Dan and I went out and voted together. In all of the years we have been married, I cannot ever remember us doing this simple thing together - driving to the polling place together and voting. We have previously always made our way to the polling station and voted separately.

With my extreme disgust of all of the corruption in politics, I mostly voted for people from the little parties (Libertarian and Green) rather than the big two. But I still went there in the hard cold rain and did my civic duty. I had a bad and pretty funny moment when I discovered that there was only a Republican and a Democrat running for state senate, and no one from the little parties. I was on the verge of writing in my own name as the ultimate protest vote, but at the last second I held my nose and voted for one of the people on the ballot. But Dan did nearly roll on the floor with laughter when I told him what I had almost done.

Three work nights down, two to go!

Driving home was very slow. There was a very thick blanket of fog, so everyone on the road just sort of crept along in their cars...

No comments: