Thursday, November 16, 2006

indoor soccer, good food, and relaxation

I am pretty relaxed, except when I think about having to go back to work. I really needed to relax. While I am still having some diarrhea, and some asthma symptoms, things are definitely better.

Dan is hovering over me and being very over protective. It is at once one of his most endearing and most annoying character traits. He doesn't seem to want me to leave the house this week unless he is with me to hover over me. I feel as if I am wrapped in lamb's wool.

Nevertheless, I am getting a lot of housework done, especially the laundry.

I am still working with Steven on home schooling.

I am reading a lot and have made a nice dent in my To Be Read pile.

I have also watched some movies, which always makes me happy.

Tonight I got to watch Steven play indoor soccer for the first time.

Indoor soccer is very cool! It is played on a hockey rink, but with turf instead of ice. And players are not supposed to take each other into the boards, as they do not wear any padding. It is very fast paced, and very fun to watch. It is good for Steven, as they use hockey style flying substitutions from the bench, so he can get a break whenever his asthma bothers him. It is a very cool cross between ice hockey and soccer.

After the game we ate a wonderful Italian dinner at the Macaroni Grill.

Then we went to Target for Dan to buy some shoes and to buy some bottle of Italian cream soda. We got many flavors of that. This is something we have started getting into since last summer. I have the feeling my kids are going to turn into foodies like their mother. They both love going to Whole Foods to test taste the imported cheeses.

Tomorrow Steven has wrestling practice at the University of Michigan. While he is there, Dan and I will go to the new Japanese restaurant, the Cherry Blossom. We have been wanting a chance to go there.

Tonight it is snowing. It is great to be able to just enjoy the beauty of the snow, without having to worry about having to drive in it.

              

No comments: