Friday, November 3, 2006

thank God the week is over

Rough couple of days to end the week. Last night I had really nasty and very bloody and very acidic diarrhea. All of the water in the toilet bowl was tinted red. Scared me. Scared the crap out of Dan. He wants me to go to the doctor, but I know that is useless. I would have to put up with butt probes, only to be told to reduce my stress and eat more fiber. Yeah. Would the doctor like to pay me the equivalent of my salary so I would not have to work, so I can reduce my stress?

I talked to my buddy Jim tonight, who is a pharmacist. Since I've known him for so long, I do not mind talking about even the most disgusting of the symptoms with him. He's nearly 100% sure that I just have IBS and that I need to reduce my stress and eat more fiber of a certain kind.

So rather than eating lots of salads and beans and that stone milled bread with the chunks of seeds in it - I need to eat smooth fiber, like finely ground Irish oatmeal or whole wheat bread and stay away from rough fibers for a few weeks until my guts can heal.

And reduce stress, which is something that just makes me giggle from the sheer absurdity of it.

I have not been able to work on my story again yet. Last night I was really freaked out by all of the blood in my poo, and I had to get some lesson plans ready for Steven. Tonight I am just worn out and frazzled. I did not feel well all day. Tomorrow I have to do a lot of housework.

But in the evening we will go see the next play from the Royal Shakespeare Company, one of my favorites of his tragedies, Julius Caesar. That will be good.

And on Saturday Dan and Steven will be out of the house all day. They will be at a wrestling tournament someplace or other. So that is the day I will work on my story. I have the plot envisioned in my head, and all worked out. The big question will be whether or not my writing skills will even produce a faint echo of what I have imagined.

No comments: